Monday 30 November 2020

Website Research ( fashion designers )

In this blog, I have been researching on some fashion designer's website, I want to get some inspiration and find out the style that I am looking for. At the same time, learn form the webpage which is worth to add on, and think about what do I need to pay attention with as a customer and audience side.


Stella McCartney is a well known fashion designer as known as her eponymous label. And she is renowned for her sharp, simple tailoring with a feminine edge and considerate approach to wearable design. Stella avoids any leather or fur all of her design because of she is also a staunch supporter of animal rights and a strict vegetarian. 
There are already shows the theme of her current season on the first screen, two large posters : a picture which relates to the theme, one of her representative designs and a sentence in the middle ‘ K for Kindness’,  it helps customers easier to get the concept with the following webpage which is maybe about the letter represent something meaning. 




When I pressed the button with 'Shop now', the designer didn’t show her works at the next page first, she put her concept box at the top, and at the same time I think this design is very intimate, in order to consider the customer's feelings, the webpage can let customers to choose want to know more or not, according to their preferences to press the button to have a look.  And then due to my curiosity, I just clicked into the picture, and found that her theme in this session was "McCartney A to Z Manifesto : Spring 2021 Collection", each of the 26 letters is a conversation about their value, and she described the inspiration of the work in detail, from where or inspired by which art works, what meanings and stories they represent, a few sentences can summarize her words, which are easy and clear to understand




The second website : https://www.marcjacobs.com/

Marc Jacobs is also a well known fashion designer as known as his eponymous label. He wanted to be a fashion designer since he was 15. He had design out a lot  the collection featured unorthodox combinations and break out the traditionally clean-cut image which often make a deep impression with his design.


The website is very clear and well layout. The best thing about the website is that it is user friendly. You don't even need to click in the photo, it would already appear the model with the design when you just slightly touch the photo on the webpage. Every post started with a larger font, make sure customers are looking to the right things on the web. There are also design a setting with ' filter ' for customer to select what they want, it would be easier to find the target. 


I had entered the detail page of one of the designs. Due to the fact that I zoomed out the page to have a watch on this website, and I can not find out any instructions for me to click to move on the next photo. I was a bit confused and then I just tried a few ways and after pressing several times, I finally knew how to move on to the next page. In addition, I also think that there are not enough design pictures and there is no tool to help zoom in to see the details of those images, which makes me feel a little inconvenient if I am a customer and I want to buy it. However, it introduces the description of the design at the bottom of the page, the features and the sizing, which allows buyers to consider the details clearly, especially the customers whose skin is sensitive to clothing materials.




No comments:

Post a Comment