Monday 7 June 2021

Collection two: Process

I selected the Brush Tool 'Syrup' to outline the basic design, painted and filled in the background base colour, and then added the shadows and outlines gradually. I separate the design into two parts and consequently into two layers, which the left with the grid pattern and the totem pattern on the right. Divided into two different layers can help the design easier to organize and more distinct.


During the process, I slightly edited some details and created two versions. The left-hand side with a light brown checkered line, I think it really emphasizes the fabric texture and greatly stands out the design pattern, however as a result of the design itself which already included red plaid, under too much with the grid design will affecting the visual effect and being a bit chaotic, therefore I finally decided to retain the original lines.



In the later stage, I found that the collar of Polo seemed too narrow, and I felt more like a school uniform. My market target customers are mainly college students, so I re-adjust, increase the width of the neckline, increase a little sexy feeling.


Imitated the front side and did the same thing with the back again. Also, I copied some major colour next to the template, which leads me easier to create a similar colour pattern for the collection.


Added back some accessories.



The final result:







No comments:

Post a Comment