Monday 7 June 2021

Collection One: Process

 I used the same app Procreate as the last two-term to complete my collection. In the beginning, I sketched out the basic shape and put on the colour which makes the process easier to draw a design that fits the proportions of the shape.

 

And then I added details and shadows on top graduallyI found it a bit difficult to finish totems within a small specific area, so I decided to add one more layer on top and paint directly on this layer so that I wouldn't erase the underlying colour and it will be easier to edit the shape of the totem under the situation of not affecting other sketches.


In the later stage, I was considering the colour doesn't really feel like summer and there was distance with the African primitive earth tone colour, therefore I changed the background colour back to jujube red, and I also tried to insert and explore different colour totem combinations. 


Imitating the front side and did the same process with the back.


Final Result:




No comments:

Post a Comment