Monday 3 May 2021

Class exercise: Project development in the real world

Hence, the second exercise in this class session, we have to think about how our work might influence the world and explore how this will live in the real world. I sketched out four basic drafts that I might develop with, and I also considered how I can resonate with my audience.

I tried to integrate the most common and simple clothing designs into these sketches. As you can see, these sketches are just a very basic idea, I did not think too complicated about the cutting and colour, as well as I haven't completed most of the research details yet. For that reason, I just drew my initial idea without searching too much background information and base what I had on my point out. 
From beginning to end, I kept pushing the original African primitive culture popularization in today's fashion, also had been devoted to the purpose of this collection: present a comfortable and fashionable design to my audience. Therefore I stated them as a prime priority and putting those elements into the sketches. During the sketching, it leads me reminiscent of simple patterns, the thickness of line, different colour matching, mostly should be related to nature, animal fur and the pattern of facemask sculptures... Under my understanding of Africa culture and combining the current trends, here are the results that I had completed.




1 comment:

  1. These sketches are good enough - but bearing in mind your target market could you be a bit more adventurous with these designs in terms of shape, form, silhouette - more exaggerated shapes and elongated forms. The first and thrid sketch in particular seem very tradtional and I feel like I have seen them before.

    ReplyDelete