Sunday 9 May 2021

Further Research and the direction of my project

"To order your thoughts and to signify where you are in terms of research and your project we are going to spend 15 minutes just writing a blog post."


How has my research, so far, informed my project?

I completed one of the fashion design Thebe Magugu's research and introduce his work to the class in the presentation, also I developed what actually primitivism is which make me much more understanding of their definition. 


How useful has my research been?  

I had been inspired by Thebe Magugu's first collection design. In order to match up the theme of primitivism, I might incorporate his natural colour palette ideas, the earth tone colour which includes the colour with clay burgundy, blood red, burnt orange... to be the major palette for this project. In addition, study primitive enable for me to have a deeper understanding of their culture, which support me to bring their original indigenous artworks into the present society more appropriately, and influenced me some pattern ideas.


What further research will I carry out next to build on the previous?

During the following week, I will be deeply researching the African primitive culture and their tribal art, analyzing the characterises of clothing and the facemask sculpture, considering if I would put these elements into my collection or how do I present them. In order to solve the question of incorporate primitivism into those three purposes, so I have to do another research on Emmy Kasbit who created lots of modern garment with his rich native African culture, I would like to know how he fits the characteristic of African into the standards of today's society, the way he balances between two different eras. Last but not least, I have done a primary research in the fabric shop before, so I will continue to work on the secondary research about fabric and will be focus on a few materials.  



1 comment:

  1. Okay, looking forward to seeing how you follow up on this post.

    ReplyDelete