Wednesday 9 December 2020

Reflection on blog and website


 Looking back to this digital art semester, I learned a lot of different software skills, from sequential images, developing, creating an advertisement poster and our major project, it just touched us how to use research to help expand with my development direction and it helps us do critical thinking on our work. I was glad that I had joined this session and I really like fashion design but I had never been in contact with any of this subject. Therefore, I very enjoy and cherish this rare opportunity to get more informed with fashion in this lesson. Through these term sessions, I learned a lot about the basic process of creating a collection of 2D design. For instance, the fabric materials of different clothes can show out a different style for the outfit, also getting deep with some of the fashion history like how punk was appearing and what they were fighting for, these all details also can be related to our works. I got lots of inspiration with these researches and knowing the influence of well-known fashion designers  can help me get easier to know with the trend . From scratch to conceive a piece of work, started to analyze various forms and fashion week design works in the research, and then found out the meticulousness in their design, to conceive how to present this role from another form, finally summarize that I had gained, put this element and extended to my subject again, which gave me a great sense of success and feeling of belonging to the work.


Reflecting on this blog, I think I can do better. Although I have done some research on my final project, also wrote and analyzed what were worthy for reference or should not be considered on some blog post, but then I just realized that I was not really reviewing seriously on them, I only used words to deal with the number of research pages of my blog. Therefore, when I reflected back on my work and webpage again, I found that I was guilty of the same problem with those research and I didn’t apply the result to my webpage properly. 



At the beginning, The blog post that I had created was not complete enough, the message I expressed was not and many steps were ignored. It did not fully describe the knowledge I learned in the classroom. I will try to edit again if I have the opportunity later. , And improve the lessons learned this time to prepare for the next year. However, for the blog, I also have something to applaud for myself, because I know that English is not my native language. I have inserted a lot of screenshots and videos to help me express the content, and at the same time it can make it easier for the audience to know the process and steps of my creation. I think that the benefit of blogging is also a journey. It is very important for me who is not good at memory, because it just records all my creative process and I have my ability to explain to the audience the reasons for each step, so when I lost in the direction of design, I can use this to retrieve my original creative inspiration and my views at the time. I am very fortunate that I have recorded every step to the audience.



For the web page, I am very satisfied with the result, because it is the first time that I had tried to do the whole process with all the programs by myself. At the beginning, I just designed it in a simple and easy way, I just based on my knowledge to select the buttons from the contact page setting and added the background color crudely. But I wanted to show up with a nice layout result, so I learned how to control and had reference to different website design samples, started to get clear and understood what direction I wanted to be. Tried to design sketches for the background, some requirements on the font and I would choose the appropriate theme and the color I like. I found out that I have slowly added a lot of my personal style inside the webpage. Maybe the layout and design is not the most perfect, and it took a long time to complete, but for the result, I like it very much, and I think it can show and represent who I am. The website created this time also helped me to improve my self-solving problems. Due to this semester being a special situation, there were just a  few opportunities for us to ask questions. Although the tutors are very willing to help, based on the fact that they are affected by the place and time. It is difficult to solve the problem immediately. Therefore, I will go to various online media to find out solutions. I follow the steps in the film to adjust step by step, and try to complete the direction I want. It may not be successfully researched in a short time. But every time a challenging problem was solved, he kept pushing me forward, allowing me to learn the skills to become more aware of software and easily apply it in the future workplace.


No comments:

Post a Comment