Monday 11 January 2021

Welcome Back

 Welcome back to my blog!
Today is the first school day of the spring term. After a holiday, it has been a new semester again. This term, we are going to use the blogs for the art portfolio. I am really excited to use the skills and learn something new to create my work. Combine the past that I had learned and see is it any improvement or change between this semester.

I have reviewed myself and read the feedback by the tutor carefully. In the last semester, I was terrible with time management. I found that I always put all the schedules together, and finished them at the last moment. It just felt very stressful and overwhelmed. At the same time, due to the fact that there were late updates of those blog posts, it was difficult for the tutor to comment and provide guidance for me to improve the work. Therefore, I had to set a timetable for myself, hope it can help enhance and organize everything being high efficiency and well planned. I also would like to improve the reference information. In the first term, we did not have to reference exactly and too seriously, so I would have a look at the course referencing material that we had taught before, and learn how to use it in the blog post correctly. 


In addition, I want to get out of my comfort zone and don't draw the conclusion immediately, try to explore and develop more about fashion knowledge deeply. The art portfolio of last semester, I had only used three to four fabrics to design six pieces of collection. I think I am quite lacking in fashion design information, so I have to work harder for the coming portfolio. Not just only the pants or short skirts can be shown in the work.

Due to the fact that the covid 19 is too serious and the UK has been locked down, all the flights are banned, therefore I just have to stay at Leicester for this Christmas holiday. The fortunate side of the misfortune, I had a great time to develop with my drawing skills, for instance using the app’ procreate’ to outline characters, watched some youtube video which about using photoshop to edit a picture... And also I had the time to relax and chill with the Netflix reality show - NEXT IN FASHION.


Next in fashion is a Netflix reality show. I love each of them and every competitor is very outstanding. Some of them are already designers of well-known international brands or personal brands, some are even just for interest. There were some sessions needed to be worked in a group to create a piece of collection and due to the fact that everyone had their own unique style and strengths, so there was some chemical reaction when they were required to cooperate with another different style designer. I thought it was really interesting to see their cooperation and how to communicate in the competition. Despite this, each of their final works was very amazing and breathtaking. Especially the South Korean designer- Minju Kim, who finally won this design competition. I love every single piece of her design. Her use of colors was bright and brazen. The tailoring and practicality of each scene was always eye-catching. Highly recommended for those who like fashion design, if you watch carefully there are hiding lots of surprises in this reality show. Hope you will enjoy it!




Reference : 
1.Next in Fashion season 1 review: the Hell’s Kitchen of fashion arrives on Netflix
https://holrmagazine.com/alexa-chung-tan-france-want-to-know-whos-next-in-fashion/
2.Back to real life after reality TV
https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/fashion/back-to-real-life-after-reality-tv





1 comment:

  1. Good commentary however you need to add sources under your images and some references here

    ReplyDelete