Saturday 23 January 2021

Class task - Fishbowl Method

In today’s session, we were going to have a seminar discussion, using the fishbowl method to present our project ideas to the classmate, have a chance to speak and listen to different opinions, exchange ideas from each other, this would be a good opportunity to develop our own project. At the beginning, our tutor Zoe had selected five similar progression route people to go inside the fishbowl, they would take turns to present their project ideas, for the rest of the other classmates would listen and ask the question, give some recommendations for each other. Before we started this session, I had to prepare what I'm going to present, so as to make sure everyone knew what I was working about and also the concept. I thought this was quite helpful for me to confirm and be more clear with my development direction when I was actually writing out the note. 


This discussion was very beneficial, in particular for the circumstance I can know what other classmates of the same progression route have any idea with their theme and their research direction. Although I was not in the circle for the first and second round, I could not recommend any opinions, however listening from their discussions and the comments that they had talked about in the fishbowl, I realized that maybe I also had the same problems, for instance Is it in my power to accomplish , whether they can be finish on time, would it be too complicated and whether complex design concepts would be too impractical. I must consider these questions. Ensure that I can express different visual effects with six of them in the same color. 

Under the virtual environment of this session, we can understand and learn from each person, helping and making suggestions for improvement. This can absolutely improve the communication between classmates, and also make us more dedicated to the course.  I also found that my presentation skills were immature and needed to be improved, it would be indeed for the future no matter for the lecture or for the work environment. I think we can do more practice with this exercise, that can be sure we are heading in the right direction, and continue to listen to everyone's different perspectives. Perhaps we can realize that we have a lot of questions that need to be improved.

Reference :
Free Training Materials, Exercises, Ice Breakers & Roleplays | Skills Converged. Available from : https://www.skillsconverged.com/FreeTrainingMaterials/tabid/258/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/1176/Fishbowl-Conversation-Technique.aspx [Accessed 25/02/21].

No comments:

Post a Comment