Sunday 6 December 2020

Process of collection one - Women

This is the female template of the first collection, here will be showing the process of my draft and what decision I had made or changed.

The first step, opened the template file that I had already searched and saved before, and then used the '6B pencil' which had been shown in the tool list on the app, sketched out the model's body proportions. After drawing out the draft, pressed and added layer 3 (the example has been shown on the bottom), this new layer can avoid drawing mistakes in the process and help to lock with the screen, preventing the entire screen to be redrawn again, and the sketch of the model would not be erased off if there is a problem in the step, it helps to save repeating the steps and saving time.


Outlined the basic shape of the clothes on the third layer, kept checking and ensured that the whole piece of cloth was balanced and symmetrical. In order to create the effect of princess sleeves, I drew out the curvature of the lines to create a sense of fluffy feel.  After drawing the basic entire appearance of the clothes, went back to layer two and erased the template lines of the original model, it was used to make the whole structure of the clothes being more clearer and not to become complicated for the picture.


Before coloring the sketch. I used another brush tool on the app,( The third button on the left screen side )After I clicked on it, sketched out the shape area that I want to color, and then the entire shape would be circled. Using this technique, it can help to focus the color inside the circle and it won’t draw out of the shape area when you fill in the color.  


This is an example :


After filling out a large area with color, I had used the "marker" tool that had shown in the app, outline again the structure of the clothes, it helps easier to the layer viewing. In addition, It can be seen that from the left hand side of the picture, there are separate to two controls. The upper one is used to control the thickness of the brush, and the lower one is used to control the transparency of the brush. Therefore, I just learned a skill,  that besides choosing other colors in the color palette, I can also have another method to adjust the hardness and transparency of the brush to deepen or highlight the space area.


When I was processing, I found that the gray color was too rigid and formal, and it biased towards the feeling of the 80s. Therefore, in order to break down the rule, I had changed the suit to black color and added a bright blue base, lake green grid color with high-necked wear, these carrying out a ruminate feel with the whole piece of work. The contrast between the colors also enhances the impact of the picture, which seems to create a sharp focus for this outfit and I was really happy with the result.

I kept open a new layer in every step to avoid myself to getting wrong step:


Finally added some decoration with metal element and drew a punk hair style with golden color.

The Final Result :



No comments:

Post a Comment