Sunday 6 December 2020

Process of Website- Home page

In this blog, I will show you the process of creating and editing the Home page by using the iPad app procreate. Firstly, for the whole website, I want to feel like modernization and it can be seen with my personal style inside, so I decided to draw the background by using the 2D sketch, as I had said before, doing the thing which I am good at and it is easier to control by myself. 
So, I started to create with a new page in procreate which was 4:6 proportional, I had painted the background with rosemary color which was eye catching, and I thought it can be a sharp impression to the customers. Due to my major project was 20’s PUNK, so I just made up my mind on creating three characters who dressed and made up like punk, especially with the iconic hairstyle. To be clean and not to be too busy, I decided to sketch out the outline only, not adding too much and focused on the face, just a few simple lines.


I had used rose red and pale violet red to create another two punk stylish characters, and then I separated those three into three different layers and covered them one by one on top, it helps to create a vision sense of the picture.


The result was temporarily like this : 


And then I went back to the website, double clicked with the centre of the home page, changed the strip background to be my design. There was a setting list for editing the detail with the photo, such as Contrast, Highlights, Shadows, there were even supported filters for choosing. However, I felt satisfied with my design so I just increased a little with the effect ‘ Grain ‘, I loved the texture and what it’s bringing out.


I kept the both original words font, but I just tune the size to be more smaller and suit for the whole picture, made sure they would not took up and covered up another design.




In order to let customers know more about myself, I decided to add some social media on the right hand side area. Before I created the website, there were already some buttons on the home page, but based on the fact that I do not need to use Facebook, Spotify or others, so I deleted them and created a new one. Double click the button and start to pick two social media icons for my page. Because it was designed with black color background, therefore I just pick up the white color one, it can be easier to find out at the website when a customer was looking for it. And then I linked to my blog and instagram which for my DMUIC course to the contact and it's done.

 
The final result :



No comments:

Post a Comment