Monday 15 March 2021

Reflection of art portfolio one


The second semester has come to the end, and it's time to sum up and reflection on these three months.
 I cherish every opportunity to express my own works very much. In addition, for this time, the design is about the Victorian theme, so I really enjoy the process of creating and learn a lot about British history and culture. I am really proud of myself for the final result of this set project. I think it can show out how I combined the Victorian fashion style and 2021 fashion trend together, also it's really present out how I use the same colour tone but in a different style. I spent a lot of time studying the history and fashion styles, and I had also explored much more painting skills of Procreate, from understanding to applying them to my works which just gives me a great sense of satisfaction and achievement. At the beginning of this semester, I had made a promise to explore different fabric texture and try to apply them into my works. In the end, I successfully present them out in the collection of Website. I think I have did a great progress in this regard, and keep improving during this semester.

Every class tasks are able for me to learn how to consider and analyze the actual meaning behind the works, so as to let us apply the concepts and develop them as my personal works. I know that understanding how to develop my own work is very important and this experiment will very beneficial to the next three study years. During processing t
his set project, I had also think about whether I want to continue to study fashion design, which just made me started to be more clear about what I want to or not.

I must admit that there are problems with the time management and keeping up with the deadline. I did not publish the blog post according to the schedule on time and spent too much on the designing part, thus leading not much research on the project. I want to be able to get rid of these bad habits in the following semester, leave more time to make an adjustment before the deadline. For the following semester, I also want to focus more on further study of the main topic and research. At the same time, I hope I can use the skills that I had prepared for the project, for instance, I learned how to use Photoshop to edit an image before this semester, but unfortunately, I did not apply the skills to this project. Therefore, if there's another opportunity, I would like to keep challenging myself and broaden my skills, because I know that mastering and applying the skills with photoshop would be 
very important for studying university or even working in the future, so I would like to practice this skill to increase my personal application experience. From now on, I also hope that my works can be presented from multiple perspectives, no longer limited to only the front side.
Overall, I am very satisfied with what I have gained and achieved in this semester, and I am looking forward to the challenges in the following semester. 

No comments:

Post a Comment