Sunday 18 April 2021

SMART Objectives 3



SMART Objective :
It can help to cre­ate, track and accom­plish, short-and-long-term goals efficiently.


1.Specific- What do I want to create?
I would use the theme of 'Primitivism' to create four 2D flat designs and one piece of 3D design. 2D designs will be using the drawing and digital form 'Procreate' to working with; 3D design will be using different fabrics and sewing by hand. The concept for this artwork will be representing the Africa primitive culture, inspired by one of the Disney programme 'The Lion King' and also the 'Black Panther' dress up design. For this project, my target audience will be the focus on the ages 18 to 40 years old. Either Students or even women work at a high-stress job outside the home, they are not required to iron or take their clothes to the dry cleaners. The design will be easy to put on and would not cause any wrinkles. The aim of this collection is practical, colourful and fashionable, therefore I have to make sure that the design can present these elements at the same time.


2.Measurable- How will I know that I achieved this?
I would base on the research and development that I had done, elaborate the information and then create my own design. I haven't actually used the fabric to work out before but I believe that I had the 3D media process experience of the last term, I will do my best to perform the things that I had learned, search the sewing technique on youtube and complete the designs.


3.Achievable- Is it in my power to accomplish it?
Same as the last semester, I had used the app ‘Procreate’ to work with my design, so I am already quite familiar with the tool and drawing skills. However, I do want to challenge myself, if it's possible, the works will be presented from multiple perspectives, no longer limited to only the front side.


4.Realistic- Can I realistically achieve it?
After the reflection of last semester, I will try to do the research more comprehensively and deeply, no matter the designer or the cultural information, keep reflecting with myself and ask if there is any question. Try to recorrecting the mistake that I have made in the last two terms, follow the timetable that I set rigorously, this is really essential to have a plan, especially for this project, making the target clear will enable me to complete the work efficiently.


5.Timely- When exactly do I want to accomplish it?
The deadline for this project is the 8th of June, so it means there are seven weeks to let me finish my designs. As I know there is no more deadline after the 5th of May so I think I can be focus on this project. I would like to complete it earlier, just want to make sure is it any missing or any place that I need to edit so that I can reflect the artwork and correct it before the deadline.



1 comment:

  1. Good, clear objectives - check your submission date though!

    ReplyDelete