Monday 12 April 2021

Welcome to the final semester

 Welcome back!

This is the first school day of the third and also the last semester. After the Easter holiday, it has been a new semester again. In this term, I will continue to use this blog to record my creation process, from the basic concepts to the final result, as same as the last two semesters, getting ready for the art portfolio.

I am really excited and energized to coming back to the class again. For the last semester project, I completed the work 'Purple Haze'. Although I was terrible with time management and it was a bit stressful to keep up with the schedule, I am pleased that the result can reflect the combination of Victorian style and current trends. I was quite surprised by my creative ability here is, however I know that I had to continue to work hard and there are still many deficiencies to be improved. I hope that by having the experience of these three semesters, I can be better prepared for college courses.

The painting that I had finished during the holiday:

Due to the epidemic, all the flight are keep banned so unfortunately I still had to stay in Leicester during this holiday. Looking on the bright side, I could rest completely and readjust my attitude for getting ready for the next term, also I was glad that I do spend more time with myself and learn to enjoy the private time, painting and relax in the garden always a nice way to spend a day. 

I bought Disney + with my friends and watched a lot of Disney and even Pixar movies. The animation that impressed me deeply was Soul, and another set that completely attracted me was Alice in Wonderland. In the previous reflection post of the last semester, I had mentioned that I began to think about whether I want to continue to study fashion design. I keep considering this question and with my own observation, I found that I may focus more deeply on the costume, I still not sure yet, but there is always an answer at the end.



Respond to Zoe's comments in the previous term, I would try to do more research on the application of materials, get to study more comprehensively with the fabric, what they are usually used for, what the texture of the fabric is... Besides that, I had to create one 3D work and four 2D works for this semester, so I have to start learning the basic information with the materials for preparing this project. Also, I want to create a model template that based on my own style, to carry more with my personal characteristics. To my way of thinking, I can do better with the designer research, try to consider more about how can I incorporate they ideas into my design, what I can learn and get inspired, there was always not enough reflection in the last two previous terms, so I hope I can improve on this point.


THEMEN64 (2017) SimbaKing94 Film Reviews: Film Review #120: Alice in Wonderland (2010). [Online] SimbaKing94 Film Reviews. Available from: http://simbaking94.blogspot.com/2017/02/film-review-120-alice-in-wonderland-2010.html [Accessed 9/04/21].
How Pirates of the Caribbean and Alice in Wonderland mobilize aristocratic white femininity by KendraMarston.Available from: https://www.ejumpcut.org/archive/jc54.2012/MarstonWhWomenRace/index.html [Accessed 10/04/21].
Pixar’s Soul to Debut on Disney+ This Christmas! (2020) [Online] ComingSoon.net. Available from: https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1151312-pixars-soul-to-debut-on-disney-this-christmas [Accessed 10/04/21].

No comments:

Post a Comment